Do you enjoy writing and creating narratives that share the need and urgency of nonprofits and their programs? Do you want to apply your talent to support sustainable growth for organizations through institutional grant writing and fundraising? Do you want to be challenged, learn a ton of stuff, and make a significant impact?
Talem Consulting, a consulting firm providing capacity building services for nonprofits throughout the United States. We work with a variety of organizations ranging from social justice, reproductive health, youth services, social services, as well as national and international organizations.
Talem is looking for a Proposal Writer to play a vital role in supporting mission driven impact for its clients. If you are a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who can bring a creative spark to help our clients share their mission and values then please send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
You will be a go-getter, self-starter, big-picture, strategist with an eye for detail with a willingness to support Talem and its clients with your work. You will have the opportunity to shape narratives to support clients fundraising needs and should have writing, research, communication, and basic administrative knowledge including MS Office. We look forward to having you join the team!
· Identify and review research reports and articles relevant to clients’ program offerings.
· Shape findings into a compelling case for supporting individual clients.
· Ensure all research citations throughout grants materials are properly cited.
· Write proposal templates and grant submissions.
· Research and identify prospective institutional donors for clients.
· Commitment to supporting our clients’ missions.
· Previous grant writing experience or strong writing background is strongly preferred
Commitment and Compensation:
· Part-time for an estimated 5-10 hours/week for $35 an hour, no benefits provided. Payment is made at the end of each month.
· Flexible work environment with the opportunity to work from home.
· Weekly phone check-ins with Talem staff.
Our hiring process and timeline
· We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
· We will conduct short phone interviews in late January/early February and request a work sample relevant to the position.
· We would like to have the selected candidate start in February.